Spinach, Pineapple, and Strawberry Salad
Mar 6, 2020
by Donny Jones
- 3 cups strawberries hulled and halved, divided
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 4 ½-inch slices peeled and cored pineapple
- 1 6-oz. package fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh or frozen edamame, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- ¼ cup fresh chives, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- For the dressing, in a blender or food processor combine 1 cup of the strawberries, the vinegar, the sugar, and the mustard. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Stir in the poppy seeds
- Grill the pineapple, covered, over medium-high 6 to 8 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once; cool. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- In an extra-large bowl combine the remaining strawberries, the pineapple, the spinach, the edamame, and the chives. Drizzle with dressing; toss. Top with almonds.