Marinated Zucchini Salad
Jul 13, 2020
by Diane Nichols
- 1 lb. medium zucchini, I used a mix of zucchini and yellow squash
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos, Bragg's liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- juice and zest of 1 fresh lime
- a handful of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tsps toasted sesame seeds
- Rinse your squash and gently rub the skin to remove all dirt, then dry with a towel.
- Using a vegetable peeler, mandoline, or spiralizer, slice your squash into thin ribbons as shown.
- Set ribbons in a colander over the sink, or on a few paper towels. Sprinkle ribbons very lightly with salt, then allow to sit for about 10 minutes, then very gently pat dry with paper towels. This step helps to draw out excess moisture so that your zucchini salad doesn't become too soggy.
- Place squash ribbons into a large glass bowl then add in the garlic, olive oil, sesame oil, coconut aminos, lime zest and juice and chopped cilantro.
- Toss gently then cover and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Taste test, then sprinkle with sea salt (often not needed!), pepper, and sesame seeds, if desired.