Grilled Chicken Skewers + Homemade Tzatziki
Jun 5, 2020
by Diane Nichols
- 1.5 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp cayenne
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
For the Tzatziki dip:
- 1 cup plain whole Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup seeded, grated cucumber
- 3 Tbsps chopped fresh dill
- 2 Tbsps fresh lemon juice
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Start by making your Tzatziki dip: combine all ingredients in a bowl/jar, taste test, adjust as desired, then refrigerate until ready to use.
- If using wooden skewers, allow them to begin soaking in water for at least 20 minutes, to prevent burning.
- Next, preheat your grill to medium-high.
- In a medium bowl, add your chicken pieces and sprinkle with oregano, thyme, cayenne, sea salt and pepper, then drizzle with oil, and toss and stir well to coat.
- Thread 2-3 pieces of chicken onto each skewer, then arrange them on the grill with some space in between each skewer.
- Close the grill lid and cook for about 7 minutes until chicken is cooked through, flipping them a couple of times during cooking time.
- Serve skewers with Tzatziki dip, lemon wedges, and your favorite fresh chopped veggies!