Yield: 12 muffins
You will need: muffin tins, foil liners (optional), large mixing bowl, whisk, measuring cups and spoons
1 1/2 cups almond meal flour
2 Scoops - Vanilla Nutrition Shake (or any other Vanilla Protein Powder)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup avocado oil (you can also use olive oil)
1/2 cup honey
Spice Blend (or simply use 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardomom
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cacao powder
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 cup Enjoy Life dairy free chocolate chunks or mini chips
1/4 cup walnuts
2 T unsweetened coconut flakes
*may also use 3 flax eggs: 1 T ground flaxseed meal + 3 T water = 1 flax egg – may affect texture somewhat)
Preheat oven to 350.
1. Measure all the dry ingredients, including the spice blend into the bowl and mix together.
2. Add in the pumpkin and eggs, and whisk well.
3. Measure oil and honey and beat in. (I’ve tried this with less honey – I like going as low on the sweetener as possible, even the natural kind – but it really seems to compliment the pumpkin best with just this amount. Let me know if you experience anything different.)
4. Line muffin tins with foil cups, or grease with cooking oil.
5. Evenly distribute batter. In 12 regular sized muffin cups, you can fill them about 3/4 of the way full.
6. Mix the topping and measure about a tablespoon onto each muffin.
7. Bake for 22 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted comes out clean.