Creamy Broccoli Salad
May 13, 2020
by Diane Nichols
For the Salad:
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into smaller bite-size florets, slightly steamed
- 1 pomegranate, seeded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 6 slices uncured, nitrate free bacon, crisp-cooked and chopped
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 Tbsps apple cider vinegar, OR 4 Tbsps fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder, OR 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- pinch of black or white peppe
- Start by preparing your creamy dressing; in a small mixing bowl, whisk yogurt and vinegar. Add in garlic, sea salt and pepper, whisk again until well combined. Set aside in your fridge.
- Bring a large pot filled with a few inches of water to a boil. If you have a steamer basket then you can use that.
- Once boiling, add in the broccoli florets, reduce heat to medium and steam for about 3 minutes, or until broccoli is just crisp tender but still bright green. Do not overcook.
- Immediately dunk broccoli into an ice bath (a large bowl filled with ice, and icy-cold water) then allow broccoli to completely drain/air dry in a colander or on towels.
- In a large serving bowl, add broccoli florets, pomegranate arils, chopped almonds and onion.
- Sprinkle in your crumbled cooked bacon.
- Drizzle your yogurt dressing on top and toss gently to mix all of the flavors.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 48 hours